Not only is this the oldest congregation in the U.S. Virgin Islands; it is also the longest standing denomination with a continuous ministry in the United States.It was established in 1660 by Dutch traders, with some of the first services being held in nearby Fort Christian. The first church building was constructed in the 1670's. Over centuries the church has been decimated many times by fires and hurricanes, including the devastating Hurricane Marilyn in 1995. The current building was restored shortly after the hurricane's destruction. It is immediately recognizable due to its large white columns and red doors. The St. Thomas Reformed Church is within a few blocks from Main Street and the waterfront, and holds regular services on Sunday mornings.